Hello & Welcome on board !!! :-)
Please note:
Before you can post a message on the forum you need to REGISTER to get a unique GiG username (Totally Free!). Feel free to look around - just start browsing any of the sections from the home page of GiG. Join the community!.
25 % 75 %
By JohnSmith2nd
First of all, thank you to Geko, FPB and all the contributors to this amazing thread. I'm an avid reader of the FF thread, and have been trialing xmess's baskets with the CCfp strategy and I love it. It suits me and my trading style and it's the first time I've come across a strategy and system that works for my lifestyle.

I have been testing out the GIG DB and I'm impressed with the features. There appears to be a lot of different elements and I think I may have gotten something wrong. I was hoping to have my basket open trades at 0900 local time, which I input in my time settings. However It's actually BEFORE 0900 at the time of posting and I realise that several trades were opened at random times from midnight til 0100 today and I am unsure why this is.

I have uploaded the settings I have used. Is anyone able to kindly assist in where I've gone wrong? I've followed the PDF and I may have missed something, but again wanted to post this encase this may be a bug of some sorts.

Thanks all!
Untitled.jpg
Untitled2.jpg
GIG Weekly Test 1.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Geko
ckyon1 wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 09:43 But according to the user guide and also my experience from using GiG v1.12, if there is a buy and a sell signal then no trades would be opened. But in v1.13, USDJPY have contrasting signals and the EA opened 2 buy trades instead.

If u see AUDCAD for example, it is suppose to open a trade if ANY of the T/F F/F or F/T has a signal. Dashboard shows no signal for all 3 but EA still opened a buy trade for it. I hope my explanation makes it clear now?
Hi ckyon1,

I have just tested the DB to be sure I have not created a glitch and everything is ok here.

From your screenshot, I can note that you are using the session open function which is a good thing. Your basket was opened at 07:00 GMT. Have you check the valid signals at 07:00 GMT ?

When you have a second, just try a dumb test, open a DB with the same settings and a different magic number, then switch off the option to use the session open for Timing, the DB will then open the trades right away, and then check that it is ok.
By ckyon1
Geko wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 13:02
ckyon1 wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 09:43 But according to the user guide and also my experience from using GiG v1.12, if there is a buy and a sell signal then no trades would be opened. But in v1.13, USDJPY have contrasting signals and the EA opened 2 buy trades instead.

If u see AUDCAD for example, it is suppose to open a trade if ANY of the T/F F/F or F/T has a signal. Dashboard shows no signal for all 3 but EA still opened a buy trade for it. I hope my explanation makes it clear now?
Hi ckyon1,

I have just tested the DB to be sure I have not created a glitch and everything is ok here.

From your screenshot, I can note that you are using the session open function which is a good thing. Your basket was opened at 07:00 GMT. Have you check the valid signals at 07:00 GMT ?

When you have a second, just try a dumb test, open a DB with the same settings and a different magic number, then switch off the option to use the session open for Timing, the DB will then open the trades right away, and then check that it is ok.
Hi Geko, I will test the DB with a demo account tonight when I'm free :)
For now what I can see is the the signals on the dashboard for settings T/F doesn't seem to match the signals given on the indicator. Signals on F/F and F/T setting has been compared and they are consistent with the signals on the dashboard!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Jenbols
[/quote]
[/quote]
Hya DB don't fit screen, I guess i would need a resolution of 1920
Could work on the better High Res. laptop, but for now i can't use that..
I remember adjusting some parameters with the Gig Multi Pair CDM and then
noticed the CDM Screen Resolution changed to Custom width 3838 and Height 2090, to allows space at the bottom should I want to display the status bar.
Is something that can be done Geko or do i need change computer ?
Many Thanx
By firewight
Jenbols wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 13:43
Jenbols wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 13:40
noticed the CDM Screen Resolution changed to Custom width 3838 and Height 2090, to allows space at the bottom should I want to display the status bar.
Many Thanx
[/quote]
[/quote]

Try the green buttons on the top left corner, that will hide some columns for you!
By Jenbols
firewight wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 13:49
Jenbols wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 13:43
Jenbols wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 13:40
Many Thanx
[/quote]

Try the green buttons on the top left corner, that will hide some columns for you!
[/quote]

HI thanx for reply ,,, i hovered mouse, saw it and tried it .. makes a bit more space
but the bottom still not fully visible ... played with xy but having a screen resolution would be better ,,,
also tried smaller fonts which does not solve space problem ,,,
will see what i can do ... cheers
By firewight
Jenbols wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 13:51
HI thanx for reply ,,, i hovered mouse, saw it and tried it .. makes a bit more space
but the bottom still not fully visible ... played with xy but having a screen resolution would be better ,,,
I hate to say it but it may be time to join us in 2017 and get a decent monitor ;)
By Jenbols
firewight wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 13:53
Jenbols wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 13:51
I hate to say it but it may be time to join us in 2017 and get a decent monitor ;)
Okay I explain I use 2 laptops and a Pc .. 1 laptop and Pc have the right resolution, + i use Tv Screen and Additional 28-inches screen ..
This is happening on the laptop I use for the testing which has a 1360 X Res.
Got all full now and can't move the first time testing tools back to there ...
Anyway never mind .. i'll find a way
By Geko
JohnSmith2nd wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 09:55 First of all, thank you to Geko, FPB and all the contributors to this amazing thread. I'm an avid reader of the FF thread, and have been trialing xmess's baskets with the CCfp strategy and I love it. It suits me and my trading style and it's the first time I've come across a strategy and system that works for my lifestyle.

I have been testing out the GIG DB and I'm impressed with the features. There appears to be a lot of different elements and I think I may have gotten something wrong. I was hoping to have my basket open trades at 0900 local time, which I input in my time settings. However It's actually BEFORE 0900 at the time of posting and I realise that several trades were opened at random times from midnight til 0100 today and I am unsure why this is.

I have uploaded the settings I have used. Is anyone able to kindly assist in where I've gone wrong? I've followed the PDF and I may have missed something, but again wanted to post this encase this may be a bug of some sorts.

Thanks all!

Untitled.jpg
Untitled2.jpg
GIG Weekly Test 1.zip

I have just checked your preset file and it sounds ok, just to be sure, before to apply the DB on your charts have you loaded your preset ?

The issue might be that you have switched off the option to use Session Open for timing and that your Local Time settings were not filled?

Can you try to make a “dumb” test with a different hour to see if it works ok.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]