Hello & Welcome on board !!! :-)
Please note:
Before you can post a message on the forum you need to REGISTER to get a unique GiG username (Totally Free!). Feel free to look around - just start browsing any of the sections from the home page of GiG. Join the community!.
25 % 75 %
By VPA021
Geko wrote: 23 Jun 2017, 19:26 As “Use session open hours to open basket ?” is set on true, and you have set on true London Open and New York Open, the DB will allow trading during exactly 2 minutes after the open time of a session (as set on your pic).
Correct, during those two minutes it does not open any trades, even though the signals are there.

Should I "Use session open hours to open basket ?” set to false and just leave "true" for LO and NYO?
By TheSnowman
VPA021 wrote: 23 Jun 2017, 23:04
Geko wrote: 23 Jun 2017, 19:26 As “Use session open hours to open basket ?” is set on true, and you have set on true London Open and New York Open, the DB will allow trading during exactly 2 minutes after the open time of a session (as set on your pic).
Correct, during those two minutes it does not open any trades, even though the signals are there.

Should I "Use session open hours to open basket ?” set to false and just leave "true" for LO and NYO?
Even I can answer that, page 24 in the manual says if that is False, then local times are used not session times

only thing I can think of -

a) are you using Strategy for Virtual Baskets?

b) signals were not valid or filtered by the Trend Candles perhaps?

Good luck
By Illiquid
Hi Guys!

Before I try my own strategies here, I want to understand how the indicators work. I've really spent a lot of time here and on FF.com to get me in, but unfortunately a few things are still not clear to me. I would be very grateful if you help me understand everything!
Please correct me if something is wrong.

The whole DB is based on signals from the CCFp-Diff indicator. This indicator is a derivative of the CCFp indicator. CCFp-Diff displays the averaged difference (from CCFp) of one currency to all others.

If I try to understand the signals of the DB by looking at the chart with CCFp on it, then that does not fit. Can someone post CCFp and CCFp-Diff with the settings, so that they fit to the standard settings of the DB?

Other thing is: There are the settings "fast and slow MA" for some versions. What MAs are they? Why fast and slow?

You can choose between "bar" and "MA" to calculate the CCFp. What do you mean with that? The difference to which MA? And at "bar" the difference from close to close price?

Please excuse these annoying questions, but I want to understand that!

Cheers,
Illiquid
By Illiquid
:oops: I just found the answer regarding fast and slow MAs... CCFp calculates the strength in % and this value gets smoothed with the MAs.

:-/ Last comment on https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1464 is:
Once indicator is loaded, as a default, each time a tick arrives, only the last 2 candles are recalculated. Does that mean it repaints ?

Cheers,
Illiquid
By TheSnowman
Illiquid wrote: 24 Jun 2017, 13:48 Hi Guys!

Before I try my own strategies here, I want to understand how the indicators work. I've really spent a lot of time here and on FF.com to get me in, but unfortunately a few things are still not clear to me. I would be very grateful if you help me understand everything!
Please correct me if something is wrong.

The whole DB is based on signals from the CCFp-Diff indicator. This indicator is a derivative of the CCFp indicator. CCFp-Diff displays the averaged difference (from CCFp) of one currency to all others.

If I try to understand the signals of the DB by looking at the chart with CCFp on it, then that does not fit. Can someone post CCFp and CCFp-Diff with the settings, so that they fit to the standard settings of the DB?

Other thing is: There are the settings "fast and slow MA" for some versions. What MAs are they? Why fast and slow?

You can choose between "bar" and "MA" to calculate the CCFp. What do you mean with that? The difference to which MA? And at "bar" the difference from close to close price?

Please excuse these annoying questions, but I want to understand that!

Cheers,
Illiquid
IF and when the signals on the Dashboard do not fit the signals from the CCFp-Diff, perhaps they are exempted by the special trend filter coded by Geko and explained on page 8 of the manual. Try setting it to False and then check the signals matched or not.

The Moving Averages in the Dashboard are the same as used by default CCFp as far as I know, also in the screenshot below.
2017-06-25_10-29-55.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
firewight, Geko liked this
By Geko
@ Alan: you are right Alan, in the previous DB, some results exported in the CSV file were not correct as the export was performed before to refresh the results calculation… This is fixed since DB V 1.13 and during the last week all the exported CSV results were correct here ;-)

PS: For guys running the VB modes, when you are going to setup your DBs for the current week, just make sure to click on the small cross button just below the VB column to reset the Virtual Basket variables. With the latest DB version it will be done automatically, I would recommend to do it also manually just to be sure that your weekly tests are triggered tomorrow ;-)
By VPA021
TheSnowman wrote: 24 Jun 2017, 05:35
VPA021 wrote: 23 Jun 2017, 23:04

Even I can answer that, page 24 in the manual says if that is False, then local times are used not session times

only thing I can think of -

a) are you using Strategy for Virtual Baskets?

b) signals were not valid or filtered by the Trend Candles perhaps?

Good luck
Possibly there were no signal during the allotted trading minutes. I will see what happens tonight. Besides, last week was a blood bath out there
By Geko
Hi Guys,

Just a quick post to show you what’s in the tube ;-)

I have just started to code the slave Dashboard, it’s official name will be the “sub” Dashboard, I prefer this term to the term “slave”.

I made it really flexible so as to use various filters/signals. A single “sub Dashboard” can generate up to 5 signals which can be used by 5 “Main” Dashboard. As stated in one of my previous post, the idea was to limit the number of sub dashboard used in order to avoid having 1 sub dashboard per 1 main dashboard.

For future developments, I am thinking at removing the CCFp signals from the Main Dashboard and including them into the sub Dashboard. By doing this, the Main Dashboard would be used a “Management Dashboard” to open and manage trades, when the sub dashboard would be used to generate signals.

But before to get there I am intensively testing the Main Dashboard to make sure that the various trading mode are working fine (VB 1 & 2).

With such an approach, it would mean that the Main Dashboard would be like a universal Dashboard which can trade any strategy by receiving signals from the sub dashboard. It would make further developments of various strategies and adding filters much easier ;-)

In the sub DB screenshot below, you can note:
- that I have coded the Candle Direction filter. This Candle Direction filter is available for 4 timeframes.
- for every single filter, you can choose for which signal it will be used (1 to 5)
- each main DB will use ONE of the signal to (from 1 to 5) to get its signals

Now that’s the core structure of the sub DB is ready I am going to start working slowly on other filters (bbsqueeze…).

sub.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ajs5274, firewight, JdDVM and 1 others liked this
By firewight
Geko wrote: 26 Jun 2017, 14:55 Hi Guys,

Just a quick post to show you what’s in the tube ;-)

I have just started to code the slave Dashboard, it’s official name will be the “sub” Dashboard, I prefer this term to the term “slave”.

I made it really flexible so as to use various filters/signals. A single “sub Dashboard” can generate up to 5 signals which can be used by 5 “Main” Dashboard. As stated in one of my previous post, the idea was to limit the number of sub dashboard used in order to avoid having 1 sub dashboard per 1 main dashboard.

For future developments, I am thinking at removing the CCFp signals from the Main Dashboard and including them into the sub Dashboard. By doing this, the Main Dashboard would be used a “Management Dashboard” to open and manage trades, when the sub dashboard would be used to generate signals.

But before to get there I am intensively testing the Main Dashboard to make sure that the various trading mode are working fine (VB 1 & 2).

With such an approach, it would mean that the Main Dashboard would be like a universal Dashboard which can trade any strategy by receiving signals from the sub dashboard. It would make further developments of various strategies and adding filters much easier ;-)

In the sub DB screenshot below, you can note:
- that I have coded the Candle Direction filter. This Candle Direction filter is available for 4 timeframes.
- for every single filter, you can choose for which signal it will be used (1 to 5)
- each main DB will use ONE of the signal to (from 1 to 5) to get its signals

Now that’s the core structure of the sub DB is ready I am going to start working slowly on other filters (bbsqueeze…).

sub.png
Looking awesome mate!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]