Hello & Welcome on board !!! :-)
Please note:
Before you can post a message on the forum you need to REGISTER to get a unique GiG username (Totally Free!). Feel free to look around - just start browsing any of the sections from the home page of GiG. Join the community!.
25 % 75 %
By Geko
Concerning the current tests & results:

Daily Baskets
==========================================================

@ mrdfx: I do completely agree with you, I have not seen any benefit to the way we trade Daily baskets. I am going to completely remove them from my tests.

However, I will make sure we can test them correctly with Tokyo Open to get some stats.

The last chance I will give to those Daily baskets is to trade them with @ firewight way, with a small TP (I will double check your stats to find which settings are the best one (TP, SL…) ).

Weekly Baskets

My weekly baskets results are not that good also, test 6 in small loss and test 7 in profit.

The monthly results are looking promising, I am going to start a test also.

Virtual Basket Mode 1

So far, I was testing VB mode 1 with the Daily timeframe. Results are not that good during ranging conditions.

@ mrdfx: may I ask you which settings you are using for your Weekly VB. I am going to start a fresh test based on the weekly TF also ;-)

Virtual Basket Mode 2

2 weeks in a row with good results, I will continue the tests with this basket ;-)

Alan results are confirming this… let’s get more stats.

To summarize

I will try to keep only the best tests:

1 – Daily basket with small TP (firewight way)
2 – VB mode 1 with mrdfx weekly approach
3 – VB mode 2 weekly Alan’s way my test current test 11
4 – Monthly basket
TheSnowman and 1 others liked this
By mrdfx
Geko wrote: 01 Jul 2017, 12:55 @ mrdfx: may I ask you which settings you are using for your Weekly VB. I am going to start a fresh test based on the weekly TF also ;-)

I will try to keep only the best tests:

1 – Daily basket with small TP (firewight way)
2 – VB mode 1 with mrdfx weekly approach
3 – VB mode 2 weekly Alan’s way my test current test 11
4 – Monthly basket
Sure geko I've attached the set file for you. It's an adaption of Alan's VB approach with a few changes. It did well for the first week and considering it did better than the other weekly baskets. ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Geko liked this
By mrdfx
@geko what is your thoughts on having the CCFp trend filter ON or OFF for the different time frames?

I haven't tested this feature personally and have always just assumed it's better to have it ON, but I've seen that you have tested both options. Is there a definite benefit to having it either ON or OFF not based on your own results and observations?
Last edited by mrdfx on 02 Jul 2017, 04:06, edited 1 time in total.
By TheSnowman
sbenichou1 wrote: 01 Jul 2017, 23:40 Hello the snowman,
I don t really understand. If i want to buy, candle filter will only filter for green candle. This will don t check for a red candle (pullback).
Could you explain more clearly what you say? Is there alink with what i suggest to buy at the very start of the trend when the ccfp crosses?
My thought was, in your buy example, if the candles are red and continued to be red hour after hour, there would be no buy signal as the retracement you are looking for is in progress.

As soon as there is green candle, if other parameters valid, then it would buy.

I don't know anything about CCFp cross; please ask Geko, he is the coding genius :-)
By Bruce
Geko,

Thank you for sharing you powerful Dashboard for trading the CCFP.

I have been wondering if this Dashboard could be made to give past CCFP lists? This would be useful to be able to check what past Monthly Lists and Week Lists were and did profit wise.

Right now we can choose current or previous. Would it be possible to make it variable. I am not a coder so not sure how to explain it.

It seems to be comparing between candles... so if we have candle positions compared 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0

So could you adapt your Dashboard to be able to move back in time to show the CCFP lists?

Thanks again for the wonderful work that you are doing and your willingness to share freely with others. Much appreciated!

Bruce
By TheSnowman
sbenichou1 wrote: 02 Jul 2017, 09:44 Ok but how do you filter for these red candles?
The candle filter would have only checked for green candles in this case.
They filter for TREND, can be up or down

It is obvious to me at least, when the candles are RED, then they are not GREEN

I don't understand your fixation on the color, good luck :-)
By Geko
mrdfx wrote: 01 Jul 2017, 17:12 Sure geko I've attached the set file for you. It's an adaption of Alan's VB approach with a few changes. It did well for the first week and considering it did better than the other weekly baskets. ;-)
I thought it was based on VB mode 1... I already have a test running with this VB mode 2, but many thanks anyway ;-)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]