Hello & Welcome on board !!! :-)
Please note:
Before you can post a message on the forum you need to REGISTER to get a unique GiG username (Totally Free!). Feel free to look around - just start browsing any of the sections from the home page of GiG. Join the community!.
Post, discuss and review the best MetaTrader Trade Management tools for trailing…
20 % 80 %
By Geko
Hi,

This kind of trailing is not available into Blast, but there is something close to it.

What you describe as Highs and Lows are the same thing than Fractals but with only 1 bar confirmation instead of 2. There are indicators out there which can display various custom fractals, if I am correct an indicator name “LW_Fractals.mq4”, would display those levels.

Before to go further, I would suggest that you have a look at how the current fractal trailing mode is working in Blast.

If I don’t get it correctly, do not hesitate to post more detailed screenshots.

mntiwana wrote:
Geko wrote:Hi,
Welcome at GIG Mntiwana,
yes sure :-)
Hi moderator
Thanks for encouraging,actually i was about to ask and suggest if an indicator be coded in a way to detect previous high (a bar is higher than its 1 previous bar and 1 next bar) in down trend and previous low (a bar is lower than its 1 previous bar and 1 next bar) in up trend ..... for to trail stop loss .......... suppose we are in down trend and a first previous HIGH is created,let it go and when a second previous HIGH is created,trailing stop should be slip at first previous high,so when a third previous high is created,TS should move ahead (slip) at second previous high and so on ..... at some stage when previous high is broken by price,trade might be closed fully or partially,if partially then closed full trade when opposite signals according to ones strategy ..... if not understand able please inform i will be try by an illustration picture.
regards
mntiwana liked this
By mntiwana
Hi Geko
Thanks for reply,as for fractals,i think those repaints .... and as i explain you in picture, there is no chance for repainting issue according to my logic because it work with 4 candles and when candle 3 closed and candle 4 start open,the previous high in down trend will be declared at candle 2 ....... we can calculate it two way,when high price of candle 2 is higher than high price of candle 1 and 3 ............ and when close price of candle 2 is higher than close price of candle 1 and 3. but i think you knows better than me,which best suits in all two situations (previous high-previous low) within down trend and up trend ....... i think this is more suitable and reliable than fractal or some other way.
regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Geko
Hi,

I am going to use this post as an opportunity to give further explanations about Blast’s Fractals boxes and Fractals in general.

What Are Fractals?
A Fractal is one of five indicators of Bill Williams’ trading system, which allows to detect a bottom or a top.

The basic fractals are composed of five or more bars. The rules for identifying fractals are as follows:

• A bearish turning point occurs when there is a pattern with the highest high in the middle and two lower highs on each side.
• A bullish turning point occurs when there is a pattern with the lowest low in the middle and two higher lows on each side.

The obvious drawback here is that fractals are lagging indicators - that is, a fractal can't be drawn until we are two bars into the reversal. While this may be true, most significant reversals last many more bars.

Here are a few general things to consider when using fractals:
• They are lagging indicators. They are best used as confirmation indicators to help confirm that a reversal did take place. Real-time tops and bottoms can be surmised with other techniques.
• The longer the time period (i.e. the number of bars required for a fractal), the more reliable the reversal. However, you should also remember that the longer the time period, the lower the number of signals generated.
• It is best to plot fractals in multiple time frames and use them in conjunction with one another. For example, only trade short-term fractals in the direction of the long-term ones. Along these same lines, long-term fractals are more reliable than short-term fractals.
• Always use fractals in conjunction with other indicators or systems. They work best as decision support tools, not as indicators on their own.

About repainting:
Re-painting occurs when an indicator relies on the closing value of the current price bar in order to update accurately. Therefore, whenever a price bar is still open the indicator has the potential to move higher or lower until the close is confirmed (or to confirm a value). Non-repainting indicators, on the other hand, are usually based on the data provided through the opening of the current price bar. Once the bar has opened, the indicator will remain fixed until the next open.

Fractal is not a repainting indicator:
A lot of guys are considering that Fractals are repainting because the built in MT4 Fractal indicator is painting an arrow as soon as a potential turning point is identified, and even if the last bar is not yet closed and confirmed. I do agree that it could create confusion, but it should be considered as an early warning only, until 2 bars (or more) are closed on the right side of the turning point.

But you can find other Fractals indicators out there which paint Fractals only when they are confirmed. This what I do in Blast.

Blast Fractal Boxes versus standard MT4 fractal:
Blast Fractals Boxes are painted on the chart only when the Fractals are confirmed. Also, in order to avoid confusion, those Fractals Boxes are shifted and painted 2 bars to the right side only when they are confirmed.

At least when you look at historical charts you have a true picture.

Here a screenshot to illustrate this difference:
Fractal.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Geko
Now concerning the Fractal Trailing Stop Loss available in Blast, when you activate it, it twill trail your orders at the opposite confirmed Fractal level, as in this example below where a sell order is open:
2016-10-31_1242.png
As the order is a sell, the SL is placed at the last confirmed upper Fractal. If the trade was entered earlier, the SL would have been trailed at each upper fractal level (like a stair effect in this example).
By xard777
Hi Geko,
I have started to use the Blast EA, set up my screen the way that I like it and saved as a template and placed the template into the Chart Display Manager. However, when I choose the Blast template from the CDM it appears but the chart scaling has defaulted to a smaller size (I figure that it is hard coded). Is it possible you can add an option in the Blast menu to select the chart scale?
All the best
Xard777
By Geko
Hi Guys,

Here is a list of Blast latest additions:

Chart Default Scale
================================

New option added in Blast settings, section [26] - CHART DECORATION SETTINGS: “Default Chart scale (from 0 to 5): ”, default value set to 3.

Third MA option

New option to have 3 MAs into Blast (button M6 display 3 MA lines), (button M7 display 3 MA ribbon with colour when all 3 MAs are aligned).
MA3.png
HOLO Setup

New option to display potential HOLO setup (Highest Open / Lowest Open).

This option is based on a strategy explained at FF in this thread:

Link

The best explanation for the strategy is at the post # 2714 by MichealG. More information’s will come in GiG if this strategy appears profitable.
HOLO.png
Reversal Candle

New Option to display potential reversal candles (Momentum candles).

Momentum up candles will appear if:

Price Open above the previous candle mid point
& Price is above the previous candle mid point
& Price is above the current candle mid point
& Price close above previous candle high

Momentum down candles will appear if:

Price Open below the previous candle mid point
& Price is below the previous candle mid point
& Price is below the current candle mid point
& Price close below previous candle low

Those candles should not be traded on their own, it is just an additional information.
RC.png
New internal trailing mode: PSAR

A new internal trailing mode has been hardcoded into Blast.

It is based on PSAR, more infos in the Trailing mode user guide section.
PSAR.png
Quite a lot of modifications considering that I wasn’t planning to add more stuff in Blast Core structure and I still don’t plan to.

Main options/functions are there, now new stull will concern potential signals.

PS: User will be updated soon with latest infos.
xard777, ScarletPip liked this
By ScarletPip
"Important note, Blast EA will manage trades using the EA Magic Number only."

Is there a way to get Blast to manage all the open trades on my platform even if they were opened by a different EA, for example CSS-dashboard?

I find that CSS-dashboard needs a trade manager to close trades when they are at peak profit, and so I need automatic trailing stops.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]