Hello & Welcome on board !!! :-)
Please note:
Before you can post a message on the forum you need to REGISTER to get a unique GiG username (Totally Free!). Feel free to look around - just start browsing any of the sections from the home page of GiG. Join the community!.
25 % 75 %
By mrdfx
Geko wrote: 15 Jun 2017, 01:42 We are currently discussing with Forexpinbar about future developments.

Adding too much stuff in the DB is not a good idea.

My latest idea was to create a "slave" DB especially for filters, where we could add xxx filters (which could be activated or not) and would send a signal to the main DB (the current one).

Technically it is easy to do with Global Variables, but before to jump on that I want to see if there are other alternatives... Any ideas are welcome ;-)
The idea of a slave DB sounds very interesting. With having a slave DB we could add all our filters we want and then the slave DB could send the filtered signals to the live DB, I like that idea. ;-)

P.S, Have you given more thought to adding a bbsqueeze filter to the DB, I think that could also work well to filter potential winners.
By Geko
agagukalex wrote: 16 Jun 2017, 17:30 Sorry hahha my english is not great ... imean is tehre a clsoe all button that will close manually all trades without re-opening ... ???
hope my experimental english is clear??
hahaha
Your question was clear, and my answer remain the same ;-)

Whatever the way your basket was closed (manually, TP, SL, trail...) if the trading time is on, then, if there are some signals the DB will open a new basket.

You should see the Trading time as a filter.

If you want, you have the possibility to trade the DB semi-manually only (with buttons). To do this you have to set the option "Use Dashboard as EA ?" on false. Then to open trades you will have to click on buttons.
By Geko
mrdfx wrote: 16 Jun 2017, 17:36 The idea of a slave DB sounds very interesting. With having a slave DB we could add all our filters we want and then the slave DB could send the filtered signals to the live DB, I like that idea. ;-)

P.S, Have you given more thought to adding a bbsqueeze filter to the DB, I think that could also work well to filter potential winners.
I have not yet started to work on the slave DB, but that's an idea yep. It would avoid to over charge the DB, and would allow additional filters. We could for example move the candle direction filters into the slave DB, add the BBSqueeze filter and other filters.

I have to think at the best way to implement that to:
1 - keep things easy (I don't want to over complicate things with a second DB)
2- avoid having to use too many "slave DB". I am thinking at ways to have a single DB which could be used by different main DB.

All ideas are welcome, if your guys think it will improve results, I will start this project next week :-D
firewight and 1 others liked this
By firewight
agagukalex wrote: 16 Jun 2017, 17:30 Sorry hahha my english is not great ... imean is tehre a clsoe all button that will close manually all trades without re-opening ... ???
hope my experimental english is clear??
hahaha
To be clear I think Geko is explaining that if your trading times are still valid, even when you click the red X to close the open trades, the EA sees the time is still valid, and re-opens the trades again, as a new basket...

You need to make sure your trading times are no longer valid, then when you close all, they EA will not try to open a new basket...
By forexpinbar
I love the Slave DB idea .Its awesome..I agree wiith you on thinking at ways to have a single DB which could be used by different main DB...You have some very valuable DBs and indicators here on your forum that can be added to the Slave DB..I have seen your BLAST PRICE ACTION DASHBOARD and CSS Super which look great and can be added to the slave DB if possible.Will be a great addition IMO.Just thinking out loud..
Geko wrote: 16 Jun 2017, 17:47
mrdfx wrote: 16 Jun 2017, 17:36 The idea of a slave DB sounds very interesting. With having a slave DB we could add all our filters we want and then the slave DB could send the filtered signals to the live DB, I like that idea. ;-)

I have not yet started to work on the slave DB, but that's an idea yep. It would avoid to over charge the DB, and would allow additional filters. We could for example move the candle direction filters into the slave DB, add the BBSqueeze filter and other filters.

I have to think at the best way to implement that to:
1 - keep things easy (I don't want to over complicate things with a second DB)
2- avoid having to use too many "slave DB". I am thinking at ways to have a single DB which could be used by different main DB.

All ideas are welcome, if your guys think it will improve results, I will start this project next week :-D
By Ajs5274
Thanks Geko its clear now.
Geko wrote: 16 Jun 2017, 16:31
Ajs5274 wrote: 16 Jun 2017, 13:33 Geko your current No 10 tests, You are entering reverse trades at -20 normal trades at +20. Could the dashboard highlight better whether a reverse set of trades are open or normal set? Or could you indicate in the results of what type of trades were taken?
VB triggered a:

- In trend basket: when min pips >= - 20 pips
- Reversal basket when max pips <= 20 pips

Here how to see on the DB if we are in an in trend or reversal VB:

vbinfo.png

Concerning the results computed in my Excel spreadsheet, I will start collecting this info next week to see if both sides are profitable ;-)
By Geko
Namor wrote: 16 Jun 2017, 19:58 I use a notebook and I can't get the whole dashboard on my screen. Is there any solution?
Thanks for your reply.
Here is a screenshot.
Hi and first welcome to GiG Namor ;-)

You can enter the full screen mode: F11.

For width you can use the buttons to show/hide colmuns as explained in the PDF and in the thread :-/
By Namor
Geko wrote: 16 Jun 2017, 20:02
Namor wrote: 16 Jun 2017, 19:58 I use a notebook and I can't get the whole dashboard on my screen. Is there any solution?
Thanks for your reply.
Here is a screenshot.
Hi and first welcome to GiG Namor ;-)

You can enter the full screen mode: F11.

For width you can use the buttons to show/hide colmuns as explained in the PDF and in the thread :-/
Thank you Geko. I appreciate your hard work and you help.
One more thanks.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]