Hello & Welcome on board !!! :-)
Please note:
Before you can post a message on the forum you need to REGISTER to get a unique GiG username (Totally Free!). Feel free to look around - just start browsing any of the sections from the home page of GiG. Join the community!.
25 % 75 %
By TheSnowman
firewight wrote: 20 Jun 2017, 17:34 Unrelated, heres an update on a basket I started on Monday the 29th May.

29.05.17.JPG
Surely the take reverse trades must be used here?

See the 3 CCFp indicators with the settings I see on your chart

Since 29-May-17, GBPNZD is only down

It is the biggest pip & cash winning trade

And yet it looks like a buy signal on # 3 CCFp with FT settings

:-o
2017-06-21_9-20-28.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By firewight
firewight wrote: 20 Jun 2017, 17:34 Unrelated, heres an update on a basket I started on Monday the 29th May.

29.05.17.JPG
This basket was supposed to be a single entry non monitored basket, with a 5 minute trade window on the Monday of the 29th May.

However on closer inspection, it seems to have opened trades on Monday the 5th as well, so I guess it had Monday sessions enabled, adding to the existing basket...
Capture.JPG
As this was a very early version of the GiG DB, I was obviously still coming to grips with the operation, and did not clearly understand how the session times would operate...
Capture2.JPG
Just got lucky on an experiment folks, not something thats duplicatable...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JohnSmith2nd liked this
By TheSnowman
firewight wrote: 21 Jun 2017, 03:10 They are definitely sells, so I guess at the time of opening the trades the signals were sells?

This is not doing any ongoing monitoring or maintenance to the trades, it was a 5 minute trading window, then thats it...
Righto, a sell I can understand, the pips are correct. :-)

But I'm amazed that the CCFp even now is a Buy signal on Weekly settings F/T ???

It's down 1,500 pips, don't think I'll be using that setting

Just the other 2 Weekly settings look okay however

Thanks for you help, John
By Geko
HI Guys,

First time we discuss Monthly setup here ;-)

So yes, a few tweaks needed in settings to avoid trades re-opened on the following Mondays.

Your setup is a weekly setup, so to trade Monthly setup without having trades re-opened you could just turn off the option “Use DB as EA ?” or use the manual button to open the basket.

Step by step getting better & better.
firewight liked this
By Illiquid
Hi guys!

My first post here and I would first like to thank everyone who works here to contribute to improvements and who shares ideas!

Before I begin with testing strategies I try to understand the CCFp better. Although I've read a lot about it, I still do not understand much.
My thoughts:

- if you select "use current bar" in the CCFp settings, then at the beginning of a new bar a very weak trend is enough to trigger trades. Is not that a problem? :doubt:

- Does anyone use this DB for lower timeframes than D1? If I look at MN1, W1, D1, H1 on the DB, then I only have the values 1 and 2 for H1, but I usually see a 10 for MN1. Why not use different MAs (maybe depending on ATR / TF) on different timeframes?

- also I have the problem with the ADR values, which was already addressed in post # 16. I use FXCM.

Best regards,
Illiquid
By Geko
Post 1 updated with DB V 1.14 and PDF user guide V 1.14

The main modifications are concerning the Virtual Baskets and most of them are in the “back side” so modifications to external variables are really limited.

The previous DB version had a glitch in the code to reset the Virtual Baskets when they were triggered, to be ready to trade a new session.

That’s the reason why my VB Test 11 (VB Mode 2 Alan’s way) was not triggered on London Open this week. Alan was also concerned by this issue. Test 10 and 13 with VB mode 1 were also impacted but differently.

So, concerning new stuff:

I have included some variables in the Virtual Basket mode 1 to limit the number of in trend baskets triggered and the number of reversal baskets triggered (Set on 2 in OOTB settings).

Be back later to check posts and messages ;-)
TheSnowman, JohnSmith2nd and 1 others liked this
By quadrifoglio
Illiquid wrote: 21 Jun 2017, 16:47
- if you select "use current bar" in the CCFp settings, then at the beginning of a new bar a very weak trend is enough to trigger trades. Is not that a problem? :doubt:

and therefore You can choose higher trade level
Illiquid wrote: 21 Jun 2017, 16:47
- also I have the problem with the ADR values, which was already addressed in post # 16. I use FXCM.

I have the same problem but dunno why
By Geko
Illiquid wrote: 21 Jun 2017, 16:47 Hi guys!

My first post here and I would first like to thank everyone who works here to contribute to improvements and who shares ideas!

Before I begin with testing strategies I try to understand the CCFp better. Although I've read a lot about it, I still do not understand much.
My thoughts:

- Does anyone use this DB for lower timeframes than D1? If I look at MN1, W1, D1, H1 on the DB, then I only have the values 1 and 2 for H1, but I usually see a 10 for MN1. Why not use different MAs (maybe depending on ATR / TF) on different timeframes?

Best regards,
Illiquid
Have you already had a look at the original thread at FF?

Initially, this strategy was developed on the Weekly timeframe, then the Daily was tested and was profitable and now some guys are experimenting the Monthly. I don’t know about Lower timeframes and I won’t test them for the moment as there are still a lot to do with those timeframes.

Concerning the true for “use current bar” you are correct if you use only this setup, but mixed with other setups and in a basket it is another story ;-)

That’s why we are collecting some stats.

Concerning ADR values, it has probably something to do with historical data or the MT4 platform, just make sure that the download of historical data on DB initialisation is ok. If not try to use my tool in the forum to download history. If you still have the problem, the best would be to reinstall MTcrap.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]