Hello & Welcome on board !!! :-)
Please note:
Before you can post a message on the forum you need to REGISTER to get a unique GiG username (Totally Free!). Feel free to look around - just start browsing any of the sections from the home page of GiG. Join the community!.
25 % 75 %
By JohnSmith2nd
Just a small update of my results. I've had some bad trades the other days. This is I believe is partly due to poor entry, and poor S/L - T/P management.

What I've been doing is testing the CCFP TF FF FT combos with the candlesticks. I've always gone into profit, then I get stopped out. I am logging all these results on the CSV files and will then pick them apart to distinguish my own personal TP/SL levels.

So far I'm only using an ADR 50% S/L. I am not sure if this is the best approach or not.
Untitled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Geko
JohnSmith2nd wrote: 22 Jun 2017, 16:09 Just a small update of my results. I've had some bad trades the other days. This is I believe is partly due to poor entry, and poor S/L - T/P management.

What I've been doing is testing the CCFP TF FF FT combos with the candlesticks. I've always gone into profit, then I get stopped out. I am logging all these results on the CSV files and will then pick them apart to distinguish my own personal TP/SL levels.

So far I'm only using an ADR 50% S/L. I am not sure if this is the best approach or not.
Untitled.png

Good job, testing, testing & testing again to get some stats and find some good settings :-D
JohnSmith2nd liked this
By JohnSmith2nd
Was trying to edit previous post, cant seem to have the option...

I wanted to add that I am still not sure about how the EA takes trades with the CCFP. It appears to open up a trade on a pair if ONE of either the TF FF or FT CCFP indicators show a 'buy /sell' correlated with the previous signal. I don't know if this is the best combination, or whether I should setup the CCFP to have the same 'use current/use bar instead of MA' TF on 3 different time frames (effectively MTF). What are peoples results on this?

Also is it possible to instead of opening a trade with just one of the CCFPs giving a signal, but requires all three (or four) before it opens a trade?
By firewight
JohnSmith2nd wrote: 22 Jun 2017, 16:19 Was trying to edit previous post, cant seem to have the option...

I wanted to add that I am still not sure about how the EA takes trades with the CCFP. It appears to open up a trade on a pair if ONE of either the TF FF or FT CCFP indicators show a 'buy /sell' correlated with the previous signal. I don't know if this is the best combination, or whether I should setup the CCFP to have the same 'use current/use bar instead of MA' TF on 3 different time frames (effectively MTF). What are peoples results on this?

Also is it possible to instead of opening a trade with just one of the CCFPs giving a signal, but requires all three (or four) before it opens a trade?
To have all the CCFp align, change your setting to Strategy 2. This will achieve the result you are after!
JohnSmith2nd, Geko liked this
By JohnSmith2nd
firewight wrote: 22 Jun 2017, 16:24
JohnSmith2nd wrote: 22 Jun 2017, 16:19 Was trying to edit previous post, cant seem to have the option...

To have all the CCFp align, change your setting to Strategy 2. This will achieve the result you are after!
Nice one! Reading PDF's late at night, is a recipe for disaster! Thanks
By mrdfx
Guys if any of you are MT4 gurus perhaps you can help me? I'm running 4 MT4 platforms from the same broker and until just now they were all running 100%, one of them froze and was not responding so I had to shut it down. When I tried to open it again it wouldn't open, so I thought maybe a computer restart would fix it. I restarted my computer and reopened my MT4 platforms again. This is where things got weird.

They all opened but all the font had changed and things just look weird as you can see from the screenshot below. Another thing is that I couldn't open the same platform that froze but I managed to open all 4 platforms? If you see in the screenshot all 4 platforms are open but at the bottom you can see the 4th platform is not open, but it is? You can see what I mean?

This is very weird and I've never had this issue, so I'm really stuck on how to fix this. do an you know how to perhaps fix this? I rd really appreciate any help. Thanks guys. ;-)
By TheSnowman
JohnSmith2nd wrote: 22 Jun 2017, 16:19 Also is it possible to instead of opening a trade with just one of the CCFPs giving a signal, but requires all three (or four) before it opens a trade?
This is also within the EA settings so you really cannot blame not reading the manual

Also, further down the information for Virtual Baskets 5 & 6

;-)
2017-06-23_8-21-27.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Geko liked this
By Geko
mrdfx wrote: 22 Jun 2017, 17:38 Guys if any of you are MT4 gurus perhaps you can help me? I'm running 4 MT4 platforms from the same broker and until just now they were all running 100%, one of them froze and was not responding so I had to shut it down. When I tried to open it again it wouldn't open, so I thought maybe a computer restart would fix it. I restarted my computer and reopened my MT4 platforms again. This is where things got weird.

They all opened but all the font had changed and things just look weird as you can see from the screenshot below. Another thing is that I couldn't open the same platform that froze but I managed to open all 4 platforms? If you see in the screenshot all 4 platforms are open but at the bottom you can see the 4th platform is not open, but it is? You can see what I mean?

This is very weird and I've never had this issue, so I'm really stuck on how to fix this. do an you know how to perhaps fix this? I rd really appreciate any help. Thanks guys. ;-)
To be honest I have no idea of your issue. I am used to various tech systems, I can note that you are on iOS... maybe it comes from here?

Just a quick note to tell your guys that here to make my MT4 installations easier I am using MT4 portable mode for all my MT4 instances.
By firewight
Geko wrote: 23 Jun 2017, 11:06
mrdfx wrote: 22 Jun 2017, 17:38 Guys if any of you are MT4 gurus perhaps you can help me? I'm running 4 MT4 platforms from the same broker and until just now they were all running 100%, one of them froze and was not responding so I had to shut it down. When I tried to open it again it wouldn't open, so I thought maybe a computer restart would fix it. I restarted my computer and reopened my MT4 platforms again. This is where things got weird.

To be honest I have no idea of your issue. I am used to various tech systems, I can note that you are on iOS... maybe it comes from here?

Just a quick note to tell your guys that here to make my MT4 installations easier I am using MT4 portable mode for all my MT4 instances.
I am not having any problems and I run many instances of MT4, but what exactly is MT4 portable mode?
By Geko
When you install MT4 with the EXE, it installs some files into the directory “Program files” and the customized files are placed into the user directory (“C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming…”).

So, when you want to install some indicators or EAs you have to place them into the user directory: “C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming…”

With the portable mode, all files are stored in the “program files” directories which make it easier to save and copy instances of MT4 as you just have to copy the directory from “program files”.

Here are a couple of links explaining it ;-)

https://www.tradingheroes.com/metatrade ... computers/

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1388
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]