Hello & Welcome on board !!! :-)
Please note:
Before you can post a message on the forum you need to REGISTER to get a unique GiG username (Totally Free!). Feel free to look around - just start browsing any of the sections from the home page of GiG. Join the community!.
25 % 75 %
By Geko
mrdfx wrote: 01 Jul 2017, 21:36 @geko what is your thoughts on having the CCFp trend filter ON or OFF for the different time frames?

I haven't tested this feature personally and have always just assumed it's better to have it ON, but I've seen that you have tested both options. Is there a definite benefit to having it either ON or OFF not based on your own results and observations?
The preliminary tests were showing better results with the Trend Direction filter ON. But at this date it is not any more the case.

Tests with the filter OFF have better net results but as they are opening more trades, the margin used is more important, and the potential drawdown also. You can check those figures on my XLS spreadsheet and especially in the average results statement.

It is confirmed by the weekly and daily tests.

Initially, I thought that this filter would really help to improve the results, as the purpose of this filter was to avoid being caught in reversals. But it seems that it is not working so well. Maybe some other filter will help (BBsqueeze..).

So I think we can discard this filter.

tf.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Geko
Bruce wrote: 02 Jul 2017, 07:51 Geko,

Thank you for sharing you powerful Dashboard for trading the CCFP.

I have been wondering if this Dashboard could be made to give past CCFP lists? This would be useful to be able to check what past Monthly Lists and Week Lists were and did profit wise.

Right now we can choose current or previous. Would it be possible to make it variable. I am not a coder so not sure how to explain it.

It seems to be comparing between candles... so if we have candle positions compared 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0

So could you adapt your Dashboard to be able to move back in time to show the CCFP lists?

Thanks again for the wonderful work that you are doing and your willingness to share freely with others. Much appreciated!

Bruce
Hi Bruce and welcome at GiG :party:

No, the DB cannot be used to get past signals. I would love to but it is not possible with MTCrap.

Even in the strategy tester, with MT4 you can only back test 1 pair on 1 timeframe at a time, and so not the DB…

By using the candle shift it might be a good idea that I have not tested so far.

What about testing it and telling us your findings. Please note that if you are using candle direction filter, you would have to use the same shift ;-)
By mrdfx
Geko wrote: 02 Jul 2017, 13:25
mrdfx wrote: 01 Jul 2017, 21:36 @geko what is your thoughts on having the CCFp trend filter ON or OFF for the different time frames?

I haven't tested this feature personally and have always just assumed it's better to have it ON, but I've seen that you have tested both options. Is there a definite benefit to having it either ON or OFF not based on your own results and observations?
The preliminary tests were showing better results with the Trend Direction filter ON. But at this date it is not any more the case.

Tests with the filter OFF have better net results but as they are opening more trades, the margin used is more important, and the potential drawdown also. You can check those figures on my XLS spreadsheet and especially in the average results statement.

It is confirmed by the weekly and daily tests.

Initially, I thought that this filter would really help to improve the results, as the purpose of this filter was to avoid being caught in reversals. But it seems that it is not working so well. Maybe some other filter will help (BBsqueeze..).

So I think we can discard this filter.

tf.png
Thank you geko, so it seems that overall having the trend filter OFF will have more signals so more trades which will naturally increase the potential pips and profits, but also potentially increase the DD and margin used. So I'd say if your account can handle the additional trades then having it OFF will be better, but if not then to filter out a few trades to reduce the potential margin and DD it would be better to have it ON.

The extra cash gains and pips that can be made having it OFF are actually not that significant if the DD and margin is also increased? Something to think about, but it's still a good filter to have for those wanting that little bit extra reduction in margin and DD with a slightly less profits.
By kenmo
Geko wrote: 29 Jun 2017, 19:59 Once the threshold is reached at let's say + 30 pips, it would set the trailing SL at the pips buffer, let's ay + 20 pips. :nerd:
tested a threshold of 30 and buffer of 20 and it's closing trades at 30?? Both of those trades never went higher than +35, so not sure why it would trigger to close the trade at 30??? Seems like it is just using the threshold as a TP.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]