Hello & Welcome on board !!! :-)
Please note:
Before you can post a message on the forum you need to REGISTER to get a unique GiG username (Totally Free!). Feel free to look around - just start browsing any of the sections from the home page of GiG. Join the community!.
Post, discuss and review the best MetaTrader Trade Management tools for trailing…
20 % 80 %
By quadrifoglio
Geko, thanks for this fantastic tool!

now i'm testing trailing stops via fractal boxes and have a question - after each trade close by SL on fractal box, the switch become inactive and must switch on manually
2017-03-27_073223.png
is there any possibility that he was always on ?

(besides, it would be wonderful to add SL management through fractal boxes in CSS dirty DB EA :-))
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Geko
Hi quadrifoglio,

Sorry for the late reply.

This is done on purpose. When you have a trade open, you can activate one or multiple trailing functions. Once the trade (s) is closed the trailing mode are automatically switched on false. This is a security measure, as with your next trade you might/probably want different trailing settings. The idea is also to reset the trailing mode for the next trade.

Cheers,
G
By Geko
Here is a quick bump on Blast for one of our members who is looking for some of the functionalities which are available in Blast ;-)

At this Link there is an explanation about the 4 money management scenarios available in Blast and also an explanation about how to use some lines to calculate yur money management.

Hope it helps ;-)
ScarletPip, Jagg liked this
By TheSnowman
Geko wrote: 03 Jun 2017, 13:42 Here is a quick bump on Blast for one of our members who is looking for some of the functionalities which are available in Blast ;-)

At this Link there is an explanation about the 4 money management scenarios available in Blast and also an explanation about how to use some lines to calculate yur money management.

Hope it helps ;-)
Yes, that is me, and while the BLAST is an extraordinary piece of coding, I am after something basic in it's use, although within the coding it is way too complex for me.

I need an EA that can be used on any chart; I use several types of analysis, I have several Metatraders running, multiple charts, all with different horizontal lines, different text notes for each, so to apply BLAST on those just when I want to trade, won't work.

So, what I have been using, is the EA pictured, just drag in on the chart, load a preset with appropriate Risk to Reward parameters, or it's easy just to enter whatever you need in the moment.

To set a trade, drag the lines to position for the required type of trade, sell stop, sell limit, market, etc.

Lines can be right clicked for inputting exact level if required same as any horizontal line.

Then just click Sell Stop as in the example chart show. The trade shows in the MT Terminal , Lot Size has been calculated from the Presets, the stop loss & take profit lines appear.

That's it, if you want to adjust the lines for a pending order, easy to do, just drag them.

Also, you can use it to place pending orders just to see what the lot size will be for different scenarios without entering a trade, then click

I have found this to be so useful over the years and to explain why it's no longer viable is a long story; basically, it needs an update, changed account, hard to communicate with coder / seller, etc.

So as I have said, it seems so simple and yet, fulfills the need of every trader from novice beginner to veteran trader - use Risk to Reward, use stop loss, use take profit, calculate position size, it does it all

Please have a look at it and consider my request, thanks, John
2017-06-04_15-43-23.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By quadrifoglio
Geko - each time when I watching charts with BLAST I'm truly amazed how accuracy can be trailing position via fractal boxes

fractal boxes are ideally for swings when their outer edges gives enough space for price to keep existing trade from closing too fast

they can handle too in ranging areas forming a kind of channel where stops will not be hit too often

2017-09-21_013904.png
In my opinion this tool could be a fantastic position manager working as an independent EA for all existing trades on all pairs opened by other EA's or manually (without necessity putting them on all charts)

I do not know how to ask you :oops: ... is there a shadow of a chance for you to agree to create such a kind of EA (only for managing stops independently from open charts) ?

Regards
Q.
Geko liked this
By quadrifoglio
and some screens illustrating how useful it may be
2017-09-21_073955.png
2017-09-21_074122.png
2017-09-21_074155.png
2017-09-21_074242.png
2017-09-21_074323.png
2017-09-21_075048.png
2017-09-21_075217.png
2017-09-21_075324.png
2017-09-21_075452.png
2017-09-21_075557.png
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]